Growing up, July 4th was always about water-skiing, good food, and great music. I haven’t been water skiing in a while, but I still love great BBQ and great music. Below are 5 herbs that will inspire your July 4th fest.
- MINT: Throw some watermelon (seeds removed) in a blender with a handful of fresh mint and you’ve got a refreshing drink on your hands that even the kids will love.
- ROSEMARY: Perfect for any BBQ – throw it on top of some wild salmon for the grilling or use it in red-wine reduction to mix into your ground beef for hamburgers.
- CILANTRO: There’s nothing like fresh guacamole with fresh cilantro. It’s the one ingredient I can’t live without when making guacamole.
- BASIL: Tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil from the garden, olive oil, salt, pepper and you’ll be considered culinary genius by your friends.
- THYME: Take some thyme leaves, mix it into softened unsalted Irish butter, add a little salt and you’ve got yourself some awesome spread for sourdough bread. It’s a great easy appetizer.
Happy 4th of July!