Stacia’s favorite thing to eat out of her garden are her lettuce greens like heirloom lettuces, kale, Swiss chard and cucumber. The best thing about eating a salad out of the garden is the variety of greens you can put together. This creates incredible flavors and makes a simple salad truly delicious. She combines everything that is ready to harvest into one delectable salad.
Ingredients From the Garden:
- Kale Leaves
- Freckled Butter Lettuce Leaves
- Swiss Chard leaves (stems removed)
- Any Fresh Herbs Growing (thyme, Italian basil, purple basil, etc.)
- Fresh Pomegranate Seeds (handful)
- Raw Pine Nuts (handful)
- One shallot finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup of Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 to 2/3 Cup of Olive Oil
- Sea or Himalayan Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
Add chopped shallots in a bowl and vinegar. Begin to whisk as you slowly add the olive oil to make the vinaigrette.
Toss greens and all ingredients into bowl. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.