This is one of my favorite salads that Laura prepares. There’s nothing better than eating this salad at a summer bar-b-cue.
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, different colors, such as pineapple, brandwine and green zebras
- 1 basket of multicolored cherry or grape tomatoes, yellow and red
- 1 bunch of Red Ruffle Basil or any other red or green basil that you can find, whole leaves torn from the stem
- 1/2 cup of mixed fresh herbs: marjoram, thyme, tarragon, Italian parsley chopped
- Parmesan cheese shaved
- 1/2 cup of good extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Fleur de Sel to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper
Core and slice large heirloom tomatoes into wedges. Remove stems from cherry tomatoes and cut in half.
Place tomatoes in a shallow bowl or on a platter. Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle the chopped herbs and whole red basil over the top. Sprinkle again with fleur de sel and fresh cracked pepper. Toss and serve immediately.